Family wake to home full of smoke as Wells fire service called out

By Tim Lethaby

24th Jan 2022 | Local News

File photo
File photo

Wells fire service were out earlier today (January 23)

Fire control received a call from a member of the public who had woken up to a house filled with smoke in Coxley at just before 9 am.

An engine from Wells attended the incident and requested support from an officer.

On arrival crews were able to confirm there was a small fire involving a beam of the chimney as a result of a wood burner used the evening prior.

Crews got to work with chimney gear, small tools, water to cool the area and a thermal imaging camera was used to check all floors and the adjoining property for hot spots.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Share:

Related Articles

The film shows events from all over the county, including Wells
Local News

New film showing Jubilee celebrations in Somerset is to be sent to the Queen

The lack of NHS dentists in Somerset is taking its toll on children's teeth
Local News

Call for action as more than 150 Somerset children under 11 hospitalised for teeth extraction due to shortage of NHS dentists

Nub News Logo

Sign-up to the Wells Nub News weekly newsletter

Subscribe now for weekly updates of local news and sport from your town. Plus what's on near where you live - and local homes for sale. All delivered straight to your in-box, every Friday.

We won't pass your details on to anyone else. By clicking the sign-up button you agree to our Privacy Policy.